I'm guessing if you're reading this, you're a busy mom like me, navigating the beautifully chaotic world of parenthood while simultaneously chasing your career dreams. Welcome to my cozy corner of the internet, where real-life mom moments meet the pursuit of passion.
If there's one thing I've learned on this rollercoaster journey, it's that finding your passion and building a career around it can be as challenging as trying to get your toddler to eat broccoli (cue the eye rolls and epic negotiations).
In between school drop-offs, PTA meetings, and those precious moments when the house is finally quiet, we're here to explore the art of discovering what makes your heart sing and transforming it into a career that doesn't cramp your mom-style.
Let's be real; I'm not writing from the corner office of a sleek skyscraper with a skyline view. No, I'm likely typing this with one hand while holding a sippy cup (or glass of wine if I should be so lucky) in the other, and that's exactly why you can trust me on this journey. I get it – the struggles, the joys, and the constant juggling act.
Together, we're going to dive into the nitty-gritty of finding your passion amidst diaper changes and laundry piles. We'll uncover how to align your career goals with your mom-life realities, sharing anecdotes, tips, and maybe a few hilarious mishaps along the way.
This blog isn't about perfection; it's about embracing the perfectly imperfect journey of being a mom and a dream-chaser. So, grab a comfy spot on the couch (or hide in the closet if you need a moment of peace – no judgment here!), and let's navigate this adventure together.
Because you, my fellow mompreneur, are a force to be reckoned with, and your passions deserve a front-row seat in your amazing, chaotic life.
Here's to finding your passion, one sippy cup at a time!
Make a list of the activities you enjoy doing
Narrow the list down to pinpoint the things you want most. Consider how you could turn your various passions into long-term careers.
For example, if you love spending time outdoors, you might consider a career in environmentalism or outdoor education. You might teach social work if you love working with children.
Research careers that match your passions. Once you’ve identified a few possible career paths, it’s time to research. What does a typical day look like in this field? What kind of education and training is required? Are there job prospects in this field?
Try new things
- Explore different careers and see which ones resonate with you. Talk to people already doing what you want to do.
- Volunteer in a field that interests you. If you can’t find programs in your area, speak to your local church members or ask the helpdesk staff at your local library. They should be able to point you in the right direction.
- Take classes or workshops related to your field of interest. For example, if you are interested in music and take extra courses online or offline, you can also find out how you can retrain in a specific field.
- Network with people who work in your desired field. Networking with people within the same area will give you an idea of what it’s like to work in your chosen field. You can find networking events on meetup.com or search for “networking events + your city” online.
- Read books, blogs, and articles about people who have built careers around their passions.
Get a coach or mentor
If you’re still unsure how to turn your passion into a career, consider working with a coach or mentor. A coach can help you identify your desires and set goals to achieve them.
- Look for someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on Facebook or LinkedIn to find successful coaches in your field of interest. Once you’ve found a potential mentor, reach out and introduce yourself. Make sure that this person has the time and willingness to help you.
- Ask mutual acquaintances or friends if they know anyone who could be an excellent mentor for you.Take the time to find work you’re passionate about, and you’ll be more likely to find career success and satisfaction.
Pursuing your passion can be scary, but it’s also gratifying. By figuring out what you want to do with your life, you can set yourself up for a bright future.
You can start by thinking about what makes you happy and finding a career that matches your interests. Alternatively, you can try new things and explore different fields until you discover something that genuinely resonates with you.